10 Easy Home Remedies to Remove Dark Circles Permanently
It is often claimed that periorbital dark circles are caused by tiredness or working too hard or even just staying up late. While this can be true, the truth is that your genes play a huge role here. So what exactly is happening when you get dark circles under or around your eyes?
The vitamin C present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening properties. Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Circles:
If you’ve developed dark circles and are worried you’re going to be stuck with them forever, don’t be. These useful home remedies will help you get rid of dark circles for good.
Everybody has seen the experts put those slice of cucumbers on the eyes while giving any beauty treatment, but how many of us have actually done it? Very few.
Cucumber contains a number of antioxidants like vitexin, orientin, and cucurbitacins, which help treat under eye dark circles.
Aloe Vera Gel :
Aloe Vera is known for its natural nourishing properties that can work wonders for the skin. Aloe Vera also works to lighten skin discoloration and improper pigmentation by providing nourishment and hydration to the skin.
- Apply aloe vera gel under the eye and massage for few seconds.
- Leave it for 20min and then clean it with cotton pad
- You can also leave it for more than 20 min, it’s natural and not harmful.
Tomatoes are an excellent solution for getting rid of dark circle, as it naturally helps to decrease the dark circles and also makes the skin soft and supple. All you need is to follow the below step
- First of all u need to 1 teaspoon tomato juice and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Mix the both juice and apply the mixture on the dark circle(Affected Area).
- Leave it for 12 to 15min and the wash with cold water.
Acing the list of ‘how to remove dark circles in a week’ is potatoes. Potatoes contain enzymes, starch, and vitamin C – all of which nourish the skin around the eyes and help treat dark circles.
- First of all get 1 raw potato and 2 cotton balls.
- Extract the juice from raw of potato.
- Soak two cotton balls in the juice.
- Place the cotton ball on the dark circles and cover the all affected area.
- Leave it for 10 to 12 min and then wash with cold water.
Regular use of cold milk will also decrease the dark circles and also soothes your eyes and skin. Milk contains lactic acid that has shown to improve the smoothness, thickness, and firmness of the skin. This mild acid also diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
- First of all you need the ¼ bowl cold milk and 1 cotton ball.
- Take the cotton ball and dip in the bowl of cold milk.
- Then, place the ball on your eyes where dark circles affected.
- Keep it for 12 min, and then wash with clean water.
Green Tea Bag :
Another simple technique to get rid of the dark circles is using cold tea bags. Dark circles are caused when the blood vessels under the eyes are dilated. Green tea helps in reducing this as it contains tannins that have astringent properties. They constrict these dilated blood vessels and capillaries and help reduce the appearance of dark circles. Your eyes will feel refreshed after using this remedy.
- First of all you need to take 2 green tea bags.
- Diip the tea bag in the water and refrigerate for some time.
- Place cold tea bag on your eyes for 15 mins, and then wash your face with clean water.
Mint Leaves :
Mint is known for its invigorating scent and refreshing qualities. It can also be used to remove those ugly dark circles under your eyes. Mint leaves are rich in vitamin C that has the efficacy to treat dark circles and improve skin health.
- First of all you need a few mint leaves.
- Crush that mint leaves and mix them with few drops of water until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply that paste on your eyes and leave it for 15 mins.
- Then wash your face with clean water.
Due to stress, poor diet, inadequate sleep, deficiency of vitamins, medical conditions etc can lead to the darkening of under eye skin area. The darkness can make you look weak and tired. Honey has many vitamins and nutrients. The skin healing and moisture providing properties in honey will make this a great ingredient to cure the fine lines and the darkness under the eyes.
Rose Water (Gulab Jal) :
Rose water helps in rejuvenating skin and is well known for its beauty qualities. It can also be used to get rid of dark circles fast. Rose water has antioxidant properties that help in strengthening the skin cells and rejuvenating the skin, thus helping you in getting rid of the ugly dark circles.
- First of all you need Rose water(Gulab Jal) and 2 cotton balls.
- Then soak cotton balls in rose water.
- Place cotton balls to your eyes for 15 mins.
- Then wash with cold water. You feel better and relax.
Turmeric is known for its multiple health benefits. Turmeric and its extracts are commonly used in face packs and creams because of their skin brightening and lightening properties. These properties will enhance the appearance of the dull and dark skin under your eyes.
- First of all you need ¼ turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon almond oil.
- Then mix them together.
- Then massage on your eyes for 2 mins with use of that mixture.
- Leave it for 15 to 20 min, and then clean with fresh water.