Benefits of Water
The amount of water you consume everyday plays an important role in maintaining a healthy body. Water helps keep the body well hydrated, which is essential because almost every cell in the body needs water to function properly. Water lovers got a jolt recently when we heard that a new report had found that the benefits of drinking water may have been oversold. Apparently, the old suggestion to drink eight glasses a day was nothing more than a guideline, not based on scientific evidence.
Fact of Water :
- Water removes toxins and waste products from the body thereby cleansing it.
- Water can cause allergy, hypertension, migraine, constipation, asthma and many other problems related to health
- We lose water through urine, breath, etc… It is important to replenish the body by drinking water and consuming beverages and foods that contain water.
- Approximately 50 to 70% of our body mass is made up of water, including skin, tissues, cells and the organs.
- If you have a headache or migraine, the first thing that you can do to get some relief is drink plenty of water. Headaches and migraines are often caused by dehydration.
- Water helps increase the rate at which the body burns fat, and promotes the breakdown and elimination of fat cells.
- Water is an essential component for the effective functioning of our body.
- Drinking water can help your body function better and reduce fatigue.
- It is required to process all the nutrients from the food we eat and carry the assimilated nutrients to the cells by circulating through the lymphatic system.
Water for Skin :
Water keeps the body well hydrated and improves capillary blood flow, which promotes healthier and younger-looking skin. Water helps replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases the elasticity in your skin. Just like the other organs of our body, skin is also made of several cells. Skin cells like any other organ cells require water to function properly.
When the body gets enough water, your skin will feel moisturized and it will look fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Also, water helps prevent and treat soft lines, scars, acne, wrinkles and other aging symptoms. For soft and supple skin, drinking water is more important than applying topical creams.
Help in Weight Loss :
Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake, reduces hunger, raises your metabolism and has zero calories! Scientists found that drinking two eight-ounce glasses of water prior to meals can help suppress appetite and hence support your weight loss efforts. When you drink water, it fills your stomach and reduces the tendency to eat more.
Calorie-free water is also a great replacement for high-calorie drinks like alcohol, sugary fizzy drinks and sodas that often contribute to weight gain. Take water in good quantity to prevent fat deposit and to keep yourself healthy. So you can say that losing weight is one of the advantages of drinking water.
Water helps to control body Fluids :
Our body is made up of 60% water. So, water plays a vital role in keeping our body fit. These bodily fluids consisting of water help in digestion, circulation, absorption, production of saliva, transportation of nutrients throughout the body. Also water helps to maintain the body temperature at normal. Intake of water helps your body to keep functioning well. Our brain is up to 90% water while our tissues and muscles are up to 75% water. So when our body lacks fluid, our brain stops working and we get migraines and headaches due to dehydration. Through the posterior pituitary gland, your brain communicates with your kidneys and tells it how much water to excrete as urine or hold onto for reserves. When you’re low on fluids, the brain triggers the body’s thirst mechanism. And unless you are taking medications that make you thirsty, Guest says, you should listen to those cues and get yourself a drink of water, juice, milk, coffee anything..
Water can keep Muscles Healthy :
Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids and electrolytes shrivel, which can result in muscle fatigue. When muscle cells don’t have adequate fluids, they don’t work as well and performance can suffer.
Muscles are made up of up to 75% water, so it is necessary to provide them enough water. Having enough water will help keep their contraction normal and prevent muscular cramps; It will help you to exercise more making you stronger and healthy.
Water can help your kidney :
About 60-70% of your body weight is made up of water, and every part of your body needs it to function properly. Water helps the kidneys remove wastes from your blood in the form of urine. Water also helps keep your blood vessels open so that blood can travel freely to your kidneys, and deliver essential nutrients to them. But if you become dehydrated, then it is more difficult for this delivery system to work.
When you’re getting enough fluids, urine flows freely, is light in color and free of odor. When your body is not getting enough fluids, urine concentration, color, and odor increases because the kidneys trap extra fluid for bodily functions.
If you chronically drink too little, you may be at higher risk for kidney stones, especially in warm climates, Guest warns.