Migraine : Home Remedy
What is Migraine?
- Migraine is a primary headache disorder characterized by recurrent headaches that are moderate to severe.
- Migraine is a condition that is characterized by bouts of severe, throbbing and pulsating headaches, usually on one side of the head or in rare cases both sides.Associated symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, sound, or smell. The pain is generally made worse by physical activity. Up to one-third of people have an aura: typically a short period of visual disturbance which signals that the headache will soon occur.
Symptoms Of Migraine
- Light headache
- Irritation and anxiety
- Aversion to food, sound and light
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Difficulty in concentrating
Home Remedy For Migraine
Regularly drinking chamomile tea can also help prevent the problem.
Drink ginger tea a few times throughout the day until you get relief. Make sure to drink it at the onset of your headache.Simply chewing on a piece of raw ginger root will also help treat the problem and relieve symptoms like nausea and digestive distress.
Peppermint has an antispasmodic and calming effect. A study published in the International Journal of Neuroscience in 2008 found that the fragrance of this herb induces the feeling associated with headache relief.
Simply drink peppermint tea sweetened with honey. Repeat as needed.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps reduce migraines.
A glass of water, add one tablespoon apple cider vinegar and add one tablespoon of honey. Drink daily to treat migraines.
This is most popular home remedy to get rid of tension as well as migraine headaches.
Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean towel and place it on your forehead or the back of your neck for 15 minutes. Repeat as needed. You can also try alternating hot and cold compresses as needed.
A general introduction to the use of medicines in treating migraine
Taken when an attack occurs to treat the symptoms
Also known as prophylactic medication, taken to prevent attacks
Formal guidance on the diagnosis and management of migraine and headache
Botox is a treatment option for adults with chronic migraine
Single-pulse trans-cranial magnetic stimulation
A non-drug option for prevention and acute treatment of migraine
Trans-cutaneous vagus nerve stimulation
A new device (gammaCore) for treatment of cluster headache and migraine
Looks at the evidence, safety and availability of acupuncture
Supplements and herbs
We look at the evidence for supplements and herbs used in the management of migraine
A popular herbal remedy used by people who experience migraine
Special information regarding the use of methysergide.