Kareena Kapoor Beauty Secrets
Superstar Kareena Kapoor Khan is not only known for her superb acting skills but also for being graciously beautiful all the time. Kareena also known by her nickname Bebo is undoubtedly one of the most sought after actresses of Bollywood with back to back super hit films to her credit.
Kareena Kapoor, or our beloved Bebo or Begum, is the uncrowned princess of tinsel town. Born into an illustrious family, and married to an equally illustrious Nawab Saif Ali Khan, she flutters many hearts and thoughts with her flawless beauty and hour glass figure. Bebo has been blessed with great looks. Her mother, Babita, was a yesteryear actress of bollywood, and her father, Randhir Kapoor, hails from the Kapoor progeny of Bollywood. Her parents epitomize every standard of Indian beauty– extremely fair glowing skin, spotless, soft supple appearance, chiseled features and superb physical attributes. She is tall and broad, thanks to her Punjabi genes. This directly means that Kareena can carry off most of the outfits with grace and élan. A beautiful skin is a great asset for anyone belonging to showbiz. To Kareena, this comes naturally. Being beautiful is not a compliment; it is a statement that defines her existence.
Kareena Kapoor’s tips for Glowing Skin :
- She is envied by many for her radiant skin. But when she has been asked the secret behind her glowing complexion, she thanks her genes.
- Kareena also drinks eight to ten glasses of boiled water every day to flush out toxins from her body.
- Also be it for films or in real life, she makes it a point to use minimal makeup always. And whenever she comes back from shooting, she removes all her makeup.
- She tries to stay without makeup when she is not shooting.
- She says she does not rely on facials at all. Also she never uses a pancake makeup or any kind of creams as they have chemicals.
In an interview she said some beauty secrets to her fan :
Pure Moments :
I feel my best and beautiful when I’m fresh and healthy… and also when I pout! I drink lots of water and try to maintain a healthy, balanced diet. Most importantly, I am extremely self-confident and believe in my work and myself, which makes me feel secure and beautiful.
Being comfortable in one’s skin is the first step to feeling beautiful.
I never go anywhere without my kajal. Lakmé Absolute Kohl Ultimate is my all-time favourite.
I love my eyes, which I tend to focus on. For me, they do all the talking and are my sexiest feature.
My current favourites are Chanel Mademoiselle and Hermès Un Jardin en Mediterranee. I also love all Jean Paul Gaultier perfumes.
My personal style is about comfort and a touch of minimalist make-up. I usually wear shades of nude during the day. At night, I like smoky eyes and a statement red lip.
Use lipstick! I think a woman’s lips are her most powerful and attractive feature. My advice-just go all out, experiment and choose the shades that make you feel bright and happy!
Hot red lips, with a little blush and a wide smile! I try out different looks each time I walk the red carpet—I do love to wear my hair loose and natural, but when I recently attended an event in a floral pink Osman gown, I went fuss-free and tied it up in a backcombed ponytail.
I don’t rely on facials; for me the best home remedy is honey—it cleans and softens my skin. I apply a light layer [of honey] to my skin, massage it for a few minutes and then wash it off.
On days when I’m not shooting, I just wash my hair and let it air-dry. To make sure it stays healthy, I massage my scalp and hair thoroughly with a good oil (a mixture of olive, castor and almond oils) at least once a month. I love getting haircuts but don’t experiment much with colour; my hair looks best in dark chocolate brown. I try not to use too many hair products, and when I am on vacation, I tie my hair into a messy bun or a ponytail.
My mother and sister have been my beauty idols as I was growing up.
I do a mix of yoga, cycling, weights and cardio in my exercise regime— well spaced out so I don’t get fatigued with a single discipline. I believe the right exercise mix helps keep me fit without it getting monotonous.
I eat a lot of green leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach and fenugreek, and I don’t believe in cutting down the carbs in my diet. I try to eat something healthy every two to three hours. My breakfast usually comprises upma or paranthas (without oil), muesli or idlis. For lunch, it’s the usual roti, or brown rice, with dal and vegetables. At night I like to keep it light with a soup and some stir-fried veggies. I make sure to include lots of salads and fresh fruits in my diet.
I keep my skin well-moisturised and always use a lip balm during long flights—air travel tends to dry out my skin. I cannot step out of the house without my lipsticks, so I always carry shades of nudes, reds and pinks with me. I also love highlighting my cheekbones, so I always carry a highlighter with me.
Manish Malhotra is my favourite but I also love Gaurav Gupta’s avant garde vision and his ability to play with silhouettes. Some of the international designers I adore are Roberto Cavalli and Valentino.
Products used by Kareena Kapoor :
- Face wash from Lancome
- Sisley-Hydra Global Intense Anti Aging Moisturizer
- Clarins Sunscreen
- Perfumes by Jean Paul Gaultier and Un Jardin en Mediterranee
Extra Beauty Tips by Kareena Kapoor
- Kareena said that she puts in an effort to stay healthy and is extremely careful about what she eats. She also focused on eight glasses a day boiled water mantra.
- Kareena does not fancy aerated drinks.
- She does enjoy her drink, only in moderation though.
- Ms. Khan said that she keeps her face without makeup for most of the times. At night, she prefers to accentuate her eyes with mascara and kajal.
- Kareena also said that she massages her scalp with a mixture of castor, coconut, olive and almond oil whenever she has time.
- Kareena Kapoor is not a big fan of facials though. She denied going for facials completely.
- Green leafy vegetables, dal, curd, chapatti and brown rice accompany her for dinner.