Trending Rose Gold Hair Color
Rose gold hair, silver, and copper are metallic shades of the past. Rose gold hair is one of the most compelling hair trends to hit social media nowadays. Simply by scrolling through your Instagram feed, you’re bound to see multiple shots of curly and wavy hairstyles in the rose gold color, which comes in various shades due to blending blonde with reds and pinks to create a shimmering shade that is lovely for the spring and summer months in particular. More and more women every day are consulting their hairdressers on getting their hair dyed in an elegant rose gold shade. And here we are with our top picks for styling your rose gold hair color!
One of the best things about rose gold hair colors is how well they blend with other colors, both of the hair and of the skin. Pink is a little cooler, while gold is a little warmer, so together the combination will suit most skin types. These colors also blend really well with other natural hair colors, like auburn, dark brown, and even ash.
How you can Color your Hair Rose Gold :
- To color your hair rose gold at home, first of all you need hair bleach kit, toner, bowl, hair color brush, rubber glows, old towel, rose gold dye, sectioning clips, color safe conditioner, shampoo.
- To prevent bleach from getting on your cloths, drape an old towel around on your shoulder.
- Mix your bleach and develop thoroughly in mixing bowl.
- Partition your hair vertically and then horizontally to divide it into 4 sections and pin 3 of the sections up with sectioning clips.
- From the section left loose, pick up a 1-inch section of hair and start applying bleach to it from the ends first and working up the length of your hair with a coloring brush.
- Keep repeating the previous step until you have applied bleach to all your hair.
- Leave the bleach in for the time duration indicated on the box, making sure you check the shade your hair has reached every 10 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
- You may need to repeat this bleaching process once more after a few days if you have dark hair to begin with and the color did not lift completely the first time around.
- Apply a toner to your hair and let it sit for the time indicated on the box before washing it off, to get rid of the orangey or brassiness tones of your hair.
- Apply your rose gold dye to your hair following the same process that you did for bleaching your hair.
- Leave the color in for the time duration indicated on the box
- Wash it off with cold water until the water runs clear and then shampoo and condition it with color safe products.
- A good way to maintain your rose gold hair is to limit your hair washes, washing your hair with cold water, and adding your rose gold dye to your bottle of conditioner so that your hair color is renewed every time you condition it.
- To keep your rose gold hair bright and beautiful for longer, Use a color-safe shampoo that is sulfate free. It will do a better job of preserving your lovely rose gold hair color.
- Avoid shampooing too often in the first place. Try going as many days as possible in between washes, and use a dry shampoo so that your hair does not get greasy.
- If your hair required bleaching to turn rose gold, avoid chlorinated pools or wear a swimming cap.
- Mask your hair regularly with a nourishing hair treatment or coconut oil, to keep your hair healthy and shiny.
Romantic Color Idea for your Rose Gold Hair Color :
Lemon Rose Gold :
Rose gold by itself is a breathtaking hair color. Add to that beautiful undertones of blush pink and lemon yellow and you’ll have a color look that is one for the ages. The pink, yellow, and rose gold shades of this look blend together seamlessly to give you the most elegant hair color imaginable.
Vibrant Rose Gold :
This is one of the more lively rose gold hairstyles in this list, falling more on the rose side of the style than gold. The long, natural hair in this overall look is stunning, and would make an impression on anyone you meet in your time out on the town. The color is a saturated purple rose, without any leftover splotches of natural color or other highlights, so you’ll be going bold with such a look, but looking gorgeous in the process!
Rose Good Waves :
This look takes the rose gold hair color trend to its most literal place, as the color here is a gorgeous shade of rose gold itself. The shimmering shade is matched here with long, classic waves; the look just screams summer, and makes the warm weather even more exciting, especially with it being so close upon us. There is not much that needs to be said about this look; all that is necessary can be seen in the picture!
Shadowed Rose Gold :
You don’t always have to go for a soft and pastel look when going for rose gold hair. You can rock this gorgeous color in all its punk rock glory as well. Go for a dark metallic rose gold shade with magenta undertones to get this bold hair color look. Keep your roots a shade or two darker to create a shadow effect that will only add to the edginess of this look.
Strawberry Rose Gold :
When it comes to hair color, nothing beats a neutral tone that gives off that elegant and mature vibe. And this color job—that is a stunning combination of strawberry blonde and rose gold with dark brown hair—does just that. The balayage style that these colors have been done up in is what pulls the whole look together.
Rose Gold On Chocolate :
Don’t let your dark tresses stop you from getting the rose gold hair of your dreams. Simply highlight your hair with shades of rose gold and blush pink in a balayage style to create a mesmerizing melange of colors. Go for some loose curls to bring out the movement and dimension of this color look.
Platinum Rose Gold :
When two metallic hues come together, the effect they create is guaranteed to take your breath away. Don’t believe me? Then just look at the picture above. The platinum-based rose gold shade will have you looking Instagram-ready at all times. Just style your hair in a poker straight manner to complete your picture perfect look.
Black Mixed Rose Gold :
For the lovely ladies with darker skin tones, this style will look particularly stunning. As is frequent for those with darker complexions, your hair is likely on the darker side as well, and nothing is more of a pain than trying to get all of that to a blonde hue. With this style, you can just embrace your dark locks while adding in areas of pink and blonde for that lovely rose gold effect
Soft and Sweet Rose Gold Hair :
Softness is a rather difficult thing to obtain in the summer heat and humidity, so pulling off this look will be a breath of fresh air anywhere you go. Here you have waves of a partially blended rose and gold mixture, still showing the separation between the two shades, but being mixed well enough that at first glance it may appear as only one color.
Contrasting Dark and Light :
Many rose gold hairstyles incorporating dark hair and light hair tend to go for an ombre effect, or an otherwise light approach to melding the two together. This, however, just goes for the full contrast, and the result is striking. The popup strands of blonde in the area of the dark relieve the tension while still adding to the stark difference between the two shades. Proper shading of each color is particularly important here, so careful consideration should be made here.
Dipped in Purple :
For this look, it appears to start with a base of blonde, and then purple was poured on top, allowing it to seep throughout the color and go where it wished. While that would have been far too messy of a process, it certainly achieves a visual appeal in that regard. This is one of those rose gold hairstyles, however, where you should practice caution, as too much of such a vibrant purple will end up looking costume, so you’ll need to keep that balance in check!
Rose Gold Unicorn :
Any self-respecting Instagram account holder will know that unicorns are all the rage this season. And one area where they have completely dominated is in hair colors. This soft pastel pink and rose gold look is sure to transform you into a pretty unicorn princess. Style it in a short wavy bob to make the most of this look.